Monday, February 9, 2009

My DH Treats me like a Queen

My DH and I took a little overnight trip to Charleston this past weekend. It was wonderful to get away with just the 2 of us. He went to a big coin show and, because he does so much for me and puts up with so much, I went along. Now coins don't interest me that much but people do and, believe me, there are some odd ducks at a coin show. But then again, I was there so maybe they thought I was the odd duck. Anyway, it wasn't bad and I finally put names to faces. I met the 2 Bill's and they were very interesting. They both collect foreign coins. One of the Bills is a nurse in an intensive care unit of a hospital in Ga., I think. He had kind eyes and a warped sense of humor. I felt right at home. The rest of the time was all mine and we took a walk along the Battery and shopped at the Market. I went into a candy shop and got a sample of the best pralines...warm, right out of the oven. I was in heaven. I could feel my sugar elevate 20 points from just that little sample. I convince DH to buy a hat...Indiana Jones type fedora... and he looked quiet dashing. I try not to ask for much because DH will spoil me and buy it. When we can't afford it, he feels really bad. So I just look, get ideas and see if I can't make what I want. Well I have to go to work. Love to y'all

3 comments:

Anita said...

Glad you had a great time in Charleston. And yes, you are an odd duck, but one that I love so much!! We can't wait to see you ourselves...

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I can just taste that warm praline melting on my tongue. Is the shop on one of the streets that run parallel to the market?

Connie said...

This is just so sweet I almost need an insulin shot (hahaha) :)
Your writing is great! I could almost see you and hear your voice. Now that's good!