Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today was the inaugriation of our first African American President. I am working at home and watching the speech. I am very impressed with this man's composure and poise and his "stage presence".
I am also watching it snow. This morning, there was a light dusting on the ground but that melted and I actually saw the sun once or twice but it hasn't stopped snowing. We have big fluffy flakes falling now but they aren't accumulating. There is something very peaceful about falling snow. It's like watching fish in an aquarium. I love winter in the south. It's not really cold for long periods of time and there is a freshness in the air. You sure don't get that here in the summer. Oh well, back to work. Love to all

2 comments:

scchesleys said...

Snow shmow! It's flippin' cold! I was also impressed by Pres. Obama's poise. Loved the speech.

Anita said...

Obama has always been very charming when he speaks. I didn't even think to watch the inauguration - I haven't watched one in years. Shame on me - I missed history :)

And Olivia is upset about missing the snow. We've had flurries a number of times, but very little accumulation. It's just not the same.